Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Anurag Basu’s first big budget movie

The name Anurag Basu is now well known everywhere. This popular Bollywood director has done many movies of a totally new genre. His movies Gangster, Metro etc were superb and had heart touching themes behind them. But till now Anurag has not done any movie of some very big budget. But very soon all of us are going to anjoy his experience with a big budget movie as he is directing Rakesh Roshan’s Kites.

Anurag BasuAbout Kites( which stars Hrithik Roshan and Spanish actress Barbara Mori) and its budget, the director said "I don't think it was a huge challenge. Smaller films are more difficult because when you have a shoestring budget, you have to manage in that budget and make your film look good. Most of the time when I was writing small films, I was doing my production, too. 'I should write this scene - no it will cost you money chuck it out and write some other scene.' But this time I had a free hand. I just started to write and Rakesh-ji told me, 'Don't think about the budget, just write.' So I just wrote the film."

He is very happy to work with an experienced producer who is none other then Rakesh Roshan. Anurag Basu says "I knew Mr. Rakesh Roshan is an experienced producer at making huge movies, so I was very relaxed. I know nothing will go wrong when he's there." So whatever the budget of the movie is but one thing is for sure that good and talented people like Anurag Basu always entertain the audience in a unique way.

No comments:

Post a Comment