Tuesday, September 15, 2009

They asked me to cast Shahid in Aamras, says Rupali

Rupali Guha, the debutant director, cast four girls in her first film 'Aamras'. And for this the 'Chak De' film director Abhimanyu has been her protector. The film 'Chak De' has been her inspiration for directing her first film with totally new faces. She said that the four girls are the backbone of her film.

Aamras


Rupali had to go from door to door to get the approval for her first screenplay from UTV onwards. She says, “ 'All of them said that who will watch this film? Cast Shahid Kapoor as a boyfriend in the film'. But how can I take Shahid in the film of four 18 years old girls to show the bonding among them”.

The idea of the film 'Aamras' came to her mind by the experiences of her 13 year old daughter Jonaki. She says, “ My daughter has a cirlcle of 11 friends from different groups of society but when I was growing I only had one close friend and my family. Everyday she comes with different experiences with her friends. And 'Aamras' has given me a chance to explore my daughter's world.

Next, Rupali is working on the script of 'Cindrella', a girl's dream of finding a Prince charming.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment